The APEC Action Agenda on Advancing Economic, Financial and Social Inclusion endorsed by APEC Leaders has been one of the key deliverables of APEC Viet Nam 2017. Under this project, from June 2018 to April 2019, WISE carried out a study named Advancing Inclusion through Enhancing Women and Girls’ Digital Literacy and Skills in the Context of Industry 4.0.
Click here to download
This report presents the identified priority areas of work to achieve a more inclusive APEC community by 2030, which includes among other things, promoting the internet and digital economy, capitalizing on the opportunities, overcoming challenges presented by the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and enhancing the social empowerment of women, including by enabling access to digital platforms.
Considering the opportunities, challenges, and insights shared by APEC members and international experts, five key recommendations from the project were put forward:
- Further develop a comprehensive set of relevant sex-aggregated data for evidence-based policy formulation, progress monitoring and assessment
- Continue to expand digital and internet access for women and girls
- Tackle all forms of gender stereotype, biases, discrimination, violence that prevent women and girl’s participation in STEM and high-tech sector
- Take measures to encourage women and girls’ participation in STEM education
- Provide more capacity building project to help women entrepreneurs.