#SheMeansBusiness is an initiative of Facebook to honor, create opportunities and improve women’s economic power worldwide. Through a series of online seminars, training courses and resources, #Shemeansbusiness equips women entrepreneurs with the knowledge, connections, skills and technology needed to build and develop their online business.
Below are key achievements of #Shemeansbusiness program since its launch on the 2016 International Women’s Day:
- Available in 21 countries worldwide;
- More than 190,000 businesswomen are trained through events;
- More than 50,000 people are trained via Facebook Live
Globally, the number of women-run pages on Facebook has increased by more than 60%.
On September 20, 2017, Vietnam is the 17th country running #Shemeansbusiness. By the end of 2018, through 44 workshops in 26 provinces, the #Shemeansbusiness has supported more than 3,500 women nationwide to build and develop online businesses at a more economical cost.
In Vietnam, WISE is a strategic partner, cooperating with Facebook to implement this program. Up to now, with Facebook, WISE has organized nearly 40 training classes to promote #Shemeansbusiness to nearly 30 cities and provinces with the participation of about 3,000 start-ups and women business.
In 2019, the program will continue to reach out :
- Training and capacity building for 4,000 business women and start-up women are trained and built capacity;
- 40 seminars on online marketing skills training are organized;
- More than 30 provinces are involved in the program which increases the coverage of training courses to nearly 50 provinces and cities by 2019.